Notes from first few days of trying the desk

Here you may post your wishes for upcoming software releases

Moderator: Moderatoren

Notes from first few days of trying the desk

Beitragvon BoT » 27.07.2012, 15:57

Hi guys.
The company I work at just bought several Creation II 4096's so I spent a day and a half trying the desks capabilities. We've had some Creation1's in the past, which I know the basics of.

I have not read the forum feature requests, even though I do understand "basic" German, so there might be some issues that has been discussed. I have worked with MA, Chamsys and some HogII/III, so some of the requests are based on features from these systems.

Create new fixture library
-Lamp on/reset macros in the fixture library! What I really disliked about Creation1 was the lack of Lamp on/off and reset macros. It saves a lot of time that the fixture library is easy to create without parameter ranges, but why do I have to find a fixture's manual to be able to turn the lamp on? Some kind of integration during the fixture creation process and a macro would be nice.

Editing fixture
-When mouse is activated, left or right mousebutton could act as [set].

External
-I like the playback option for touch screens. However I need a calibration tool. At least for my Elo Touchsystems Accutouch 3000U (fairly old).

Patch fixtures
-When lamp is chosen and a fixture count is written, make a little summary of the chosen lamp: e.g. number of dmx channels.

Programming
-While programming, I can [off] any attribute group. Can I [off] a single attribute, such as Iris while focus and zoom is still in the programmer?
-Add FX. Nice feature to be able to sine wave a preset. When I'm using "Fan offset", I would love an easier way to write a 0 thru 360deg offset. E.g. by using the [set] key and getting a numpad popup. I hate using the wheels for something that is so simple to type. If there is a way of doing it, I'm sorry for not noticing. [set] would be the logical choice (a lot like on an MA console, button is almost in the same position anyway). Another way could be to tap the [offset fan] soft button and it scrolls through offsets. Like the attributes in the programmer. Otherwise you could have courser intervals when using the wheels. If I want a finer value I could press [GLP].

Playback
-Option to make Cuelist GO do toggle functions, instead.
-Effects on playbacks: Faders could change size of effect.
-Why is "Flash" the default flash button option, when Flash+Go does what "a flash button should do" (in my opinion at least). At first I thought the Flash was buggy ;)

That's it for now, at least I know I will take this desk off the shelf more often, than with the Creation1 :) good job - I will keep posting if I stumble across other things.

Kind regards
Bo
BoT

Re: Notes from first few days of trying the desk

Beitragvon Breti » 27.07.2012, 16:25

Hi Bo,

I have to say that you gave a pretty good summary of our ToDo list :)

However there are a few things which are there already:

Attributes can be access via the function button. I gues you have typed "Off -> Feature Button", which offs a whole feeature group. Instead you can type Off -> Function -> Feature Button -> ".1" Enter which offs column 1 of selected feature button. You can also use the "Function" button to give lists of functions e.g. "Function 4 + 5.1 Thru 5.3 - 4.1" and you may use this feature with the "@" function as well. E.g. "Function 8.1 at 0 Thru 100 Enter".

Flash + Go may make sense. Reason so far is that "Flash + Go" option was introduced later and Default Function has never been changed. We may update this in the near future.

What do you mean by Cuelist Go/Toggle? Button Panels can be set to "Run" Mode, which basically is the same as "Toggle". Faders can also be defined to be toggle instead of Go.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Breti
Site Admin

Beitragvon Denis Hessberger » 30.07.2012, 14:21

Hi Bo,

so here's my (short) response as well:

Option to make Cuelist GO do toggle functions, instead.

This is already there.

Effects on playbacks: Faders could change size of effect.

Well, you kinda can do this now - if the fader is set to "infade" - which is basically like a temp fader on the MA.

Why is "Flash" the default flash button option, when Flash+Go does what "a flash button should do" (in my opinion at least). At first I thought the Flash was buggy

Thats a desicion that I have made. I hate the way it works on the MA; sometimes it happens to me that my fat fingers hit flash buttons I do not actually want to flash because the cuelist is not started. So I prefer this way. Also; it should not be set to "Flash + Go" because Flash + Go goes the list everytime youre pressing the flash button; so its different from the MA (you'd step through the cues when the list is already switched on). What you'd like to have is a "Flash + On" :)

Cheers,
Denis
denis hessberger

http://www.denis-hessberger.de

creation I, creation II 4096, creation II 1024, fader wing
Denis Hessberger
Site Admin

Beitragvon Breti » 30.07.2012, 22:40

Is there a need that we add a "Flash+On" Function as well? It would be easy to implement.

Thomas
Breti
Site Admin

Beitragvon Denis Hessberger » 30.07.2012, 22:46

hm. I guess we should implement Flash+On and set it as default option. I for myself can always enable "flash" only where I need it.
denis hessberger

Denis Hessberger
Site Admin

Beitragvon Denis Hessberger » 20.08.2015, 14:26

Some of the issues have been fixed in the latest release.
denis hessberger

Denis Hessberger
Site Admin

Zurück zu Creation II Feature Requests